In Fundació Mona we participate in research projects in the fields of ethology and primatology to evaluate and improve the conditions and welfare of the animals housed in the center. Also, in collaboration with the IPHES (Institute of Human Paleoecology and Social Evolution) we develop studies on the evolutionary roots of our behavior through primatological models of human evolution.
In 2007 we launched a training program in the field of Ethology of Primates aimed at the general public and students of related subjects. Since then, more than 2400 people have been trained with us over the past ten years studying:
- Master in Primatology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Primatology: Research and Practice
- Postgraduate Course in Cognition in primates and humans
- Postgraduate Course in Primatological Tools and Methods of Research
- Postgraduate Course in Ethology, Conservation and Welfare primates
- Diploma with a Specialization as Field Assistant in Primatology
- Diploma with a Specialization in Practical Field Primatology
- Primatology Summer courses
Continuing with our work of training and promotion of scientific research and thanks to an agreement signed with the Fundació “la Caixa”, we hold two pre-doctoral fellowships in Primatology for young people who are going to do their doctoral thesis in a doctoral program officially accredited in Spain.
The purpose of the scholarships is the accomplishment of a doctoral thesis in Primatology focused on the understanding of the interaction between emotion, cognition and animal welfare, from a comparative and evolutionary point of view.
With this call for a predoctoral fellowship in primatology, Fundació MONA expands its research training and continues to focus on and work on the training of future primatologists.
*Deadline: 1st December 2017